Last Tuesday night, I came home from work with this burning desire of eating hummus. Good thing my grandma is Lebanese so I know exactly how to make one! But hummus wasn’t going to be enough for dinner. Luckily every week a get a huge box of organic fruits and vegetables from the company “Ugly Fruit“. I had a bunch of carrots in the fridge and decided to make a quite carrot salad and my oh my was it good! You want to know why? Because I added “tahini” (it’s a of sesame seeds paste), same ingredient we put in hummus.
That’s probably one of the reasons I love cooking so much because it is such a creative process. Making hummus inspired me to make a kick ass salad dressing and also inspired me to draw this print and write this blog article. How cool is that?!
So you are dying to know the recipe right now, right? Here is goes:
- Peel a bunch of carrots and grate them
- Squeeze a lemon in a bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add 1 teaspoon of tahini
- Add salt & pepper to your liking
- Add the carrots to the salad dressing
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and dried cranberriesEnjoy ♥